[ILUG-BOM] Re: Problem with g++

Manish Jethani manish.jethani@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Feb 10 16:54:38 IST 2003

Sankha Subhra Som wrote:

> And btw Manish's suggestion that i flush the buffer using endl works. But i
> have to manually flush it everytime i use a cout. This sucks.Ne pointers
> Manish?

Yes -- if this sucks so much, write a wrapper over your cout
call that will always append a newline (endl) to your output.
Do you know how operator overloading works?  Do you know about
streams in C++?  Create your own thin-wrapper output stream with
the << operator overloaded to append endl in each call.  This is
not essential but a good exercise for character building.

In short, GET A BOOK and LEARN C++!

-mj

--
Manish Jethani
Member, Technical Staff

http://www.geocities.com/manish_jethani/

<disclaimer>
"The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do
not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation."
</disclaimer>