[ILUG-BOM] [OT] fwd: {SPAM?} ADV: Enjoy a spam-free inbox

Rishi Gangoly rishi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Feb 15 19:15:51 IST 2003

On Friday 14 February 2003 9:41 am, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a message that I got recently. As you can see its from some
> dot-com who thinks its good at handling spam. The mail itself got
> marked as "SPAM" on the IITB servers, by the way! ;-)
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Spam Arrest <info at spamarrest.com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:19:09 -0800
> From: Spam Arrest <info at spamarrest.com>
> Subject: {SPAM?} ADV: Enjoy a spam-free inbox
> To: "Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe" <sameerds at it.iitb.ac.in>
>
> You may remember recently sending an email to a Spam Arrest customer,
> and receiving a response asking you to visit our website and type in
> a word that was shown to you in a picture.
>
> <snip>
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> I do remember getting such a mail from a person named Rishi on this
> group. And I had replied to him saying that please try to keep mailing
> lists out of this hassle. Now through him spamarrest decides it has
> found an email address worth sending adverisements to, which I
> consider spam. Does that mean Rishi is responsible for my account
> getting these mails?
>
> Is there any place where I can discuss this with people involved in
> tackling the spam problem?
>
> Sameer.

Hello Sameer,

I'm sorry that now Spam Arrest is doing this to you and probably others on
this list.  I guess you could block email from their mail servers.

I've requested them not to send advertisements to people that are in my
authorized list of email addresses.

If you continue to get these messages from them, please let me know.

I did not realize that this would happen when I signed up for their service.

Apart from the fact that their service is 100% effective solution to reducing
the SPAM that I receive, the part that they SPAM others really make me feel
bad. I hope they quicky realize this and stop misusing their pretty good
system.

Sorry everyone on this list in advance.

Regards

Rishi