[ILUG-BOM] network problem

Pradnyesh Sawant pradnyesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 5 02:05:44 IST 2003

 i hope u all have seen my previous mail, regarding the
detection of
the ethernet card while installing knoppix. sorry, i cudn't
include
all the details at that time, was in a hurry.

so here's the backgnd:
i installed knoppix on my project comp in the comp lab of my
college. the installation being in german, i cudn't configure
the
ethernet card. later, after the installation was complete, i
ran
"kudzu", it detected the ethernet card (the o/p of kudzu -p has
been
given in the previous mail) & said it has configured it.

i use rhl 7.3 at my home, & have never used a debian distro. so
i've
got no idea as 2 what cmds r 2 b used 2 configure the static ip
addrs
& the gateway addrs. (in rhl, a simple "setup" cmd, ran as the
root,
works the magic). also plz let me know if ne other thing needs
2 b
done 2 configure the ethernet card.

also i don't know how 2 change the screen res frm 800x600 to
1024x768

ne help wud b greately appreciated.
thanx!