[ILUG-BOM] Re: seminar Meeting

jtdsouza at antispam jtdsouza@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Mar 6 22:16:13 IST 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 18:03, Royce & Sharal Pereira wrote:
>*** * LUG meet - 4:00 pm 9th March, 2003 @ Ruparel College, Matunga
> (W). *
>***
>
> > Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:06:00 +0530
> > From: "Royce & Sharal Pereira" <bethell at eth.net>
> > To: <linuxers at mm.ilug-bom.org.in>
> > Cc: <LinuxUsersGroupofbombay at unitek.com>
> >       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > which linux users group is this??
>
> Dunno...(I'm new to the list & to Linux) saw it in one of the
> mails, was not sure, so cc'd them a copy.
>
> BTW, I'm now using Windows(ouch) but am keen on moving to Linux.

Aahh. I am the mortal combat examiner for newbies ;-).

> Recently I came across Knoppix (Linux kernel 2.4.19).
 --chop--

> Has anyone tried Knoppix? Like to hear your feedback!

Many on the list have, me too. It's based on The Best and Greatest distro -
Debian Gnu/Linux.
It is excellent for those wanting to try GNU/Linux and for road warriors. Hd
install is limited to a single partition. Apart from that it is very good.

rgds
jtdsouza at softhome.net