[ILUG-BOM] about praxis

Pradnyesh Sawant pradnyesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 11 05:45:48 IST 2003

 this is regarding the technical festival named "Praxis" to be
held in
Vivekanand engg. college on 16-17 march. in the last meet, i
had said,
that being a student of Vivekanand engg. coll. i will talk to
the
Praxis managing committee about holding a small workshop on
Gnu/Linux
and/or having a small stall where we could sell Gnu/Linux
related cds
like Knoppix, etc.

i inform you all with great displeasure, that the festival is
heavily
scheduled with various events, and that we cannot be allowed to
hold a
workshop.

but i also have a good news. in all probability, we might be
allowed
to hold a workshop on behalf of the IEEE VESIT chapter in the
following week. we might also be allowed to have a stall to
sell cds,
etc.  i will contact the necessary authorities, and let you all
know
about the workshop as soon as possible.

i personally think that educating students about Gnu/Linux is
important and the media shouldn't matter much. so we should all
see this as a good opportunity