[ILUG-BOM] Fw: Good News from LINUX For You

Saswata Banerjee & Associates scrap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 15 07:35:41 IST 2003

It is not always easy to stick to only free software for websites. For all
we know, the server they use to host the site may be a commercial server
which runs iis or something.

Also, the site is probably designed by commercial design firms, who may not
have the ability to do it under free software systems. I doubt if any
corporate will take a decision of changing their server and website design
firms just because they work on proprietory software. In most cases, the
users do not know the difference anyway.

What is more important is whether the design of the website supports
non-propertory browsers like mozila, konquor, etc. If being a Linux
magazine, it runs a website that only supports IE, then we all have a reason
to fry (not just flame) them, otherwise, I dont think it is important
enough.

Regards
Saswata