[ILUG-BOM] Issues with Linksys wireless LAN card

Nikhil D. Kikkeri nikhil23@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 3 07:40:10 IST 2003

Hi all--

I run Mandrake 9.0 on my laptop.I have a linksys WPC 11 wireless (802.11b)
card which i would like to make use of while working on Linux.

I got the driver from Linksys and configured it such that I use pcmcia_cs
instead of kernel PCMCIA code.the driver was compiled and successfully
installed.

i opened the wlan-ng.opts file to insert the SSID of the network which in my
case is (SMU1911).The campus network uses DHCP.

However modifing the file and restarting pcmcia did not help.

I know for sure the device is installed because cardctl ident shows the
device name correctly.Also when I try to connect from the Mandrake Control
center I can see that although bytes are being received, no bytes  are being
sent.

Is there anything that i failed to tweak.what else do i need to have a look
at and modify?

TIA

rgds
-NDK