(was Re: [ILUG-BOM] Help!) basic installation help

Tapeshwar Nath gtapeshwar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 3 09:57:29 IST 2003

see inline

--- Mitul Limbani <mitul at mitul.com> wrote:

> > > I also tried RedHat 8.00., but the dual boot
> didn't work, then XP
>
> This is because XP has been installed with NTFS File
> System, and
> lilo,grub (the boot managers are not able to write
> on the NTFS  Paritition) try doing this

--Tapesh

    I don;t think it matters whether XP is installed
with NTFS or anything...... lilo and grub they write
in the MBR and they have nothing to do with NTFS......
or FAT filesystems...
Correct me if i am wrong......

=====