[ILUG-BOM] Re: Problem installing Redhat 9 on AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Vikram Rangnekar vicky@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 23 00:22:49 IST 2003

I would say ty gentoo and as for the nvidia trouble you need the nvidia auto
installer you can get that from their site its a file called
NVIDIA_Linux-x86-1.0-4349.run it will download and compile and install the
nvidia drivers on your system you might need to do a modprobe nvidia later.

+++ supreet [23/04/03 08:08 +0530]:
> I suspect that is a Nforce motherboard
> Two issues with it
> one you need to install LILO and the other is graphics would only be
> available after you install Nvidia video driver and GL component
> available from Nvidia site
>
> Supreet
>
> On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:47, rupesshnaadar at powersurfer.net wrote:
> > I am trying to install Redhat 9 on ASUS (A7N266-VM) Motherboard
> > having AMD XP 2200+ (1.8Ghz) processor.
> >
> > After installation the system freezes on:
> >
> > "Finding module dependencies:"
> >
> > I dont know how to go about getting my Redhat 9 to work. Its a
> > dual boot with Windows. I am using LILO as my Boot-Loader. My
> > keyboard locks up as well as I can't do Ctrl + C at that point.
> >
> > Is there some specific kernel parameter required for AMD Systems?
> > Or is there any other linux distro which would work on this system.
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > Rupessh
> >

> > --

regards