[ILUG-BOM] [OT]Suggestions for a Notebook

Sthitaprajna sp.jena@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Apr 26 09:14:50 IST 2003

Hi

I am looking to buy a notebook(my first one) and am sort of confused. The sort
of specs I am looking at are (for a minimum):
1. 1.7 GHz Celeron
2. 256M RAM(expandable to quite a lot)
3. Some sort of 4x agp
4. 30G hdd
5. Internal combo cd/dvd/writer
6. Should be decently compatible with *nix...I will be on a LAN, so modem
support is not really important, though it would be a plus if it were
supported.
My budget would be something around $1200...
Can listers suggest a few models/makes that have decent support in India? and
any other points that i need to be aware of before buying?