[ILUG-BOM] Starting/Stopping bind and httpd

Richard Unitek richardc@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue May 13 11:32:20 IST 2003

Hi,

I want to stop/start, edit conf files for named and httpd daemon through a
php/PERL script.

Can anybody please let me know what are steps involved ?

Do I need to change the permission of conf files to web server user ?

Purpose is ,
I have a domain sampledomain.com

I want to create sub domains for this domain, taking input from user.
e.g.
richard.sampledomain.com, foobar.sampledomain.com.

I will create a virtualhost entry in httpd.conf for it and sub domain entry
in domain file in named.

Problem is accessing this sensitive files thru script like php or PERL.

Richard