[ILUG-BOM] Signing email

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 17 11:12:05 IST 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:54:21AM +0530, Amit Upadhyay wrote:

> should get you started. Though my advice is towards using Kmail/Evolution.
> Security that is not easy or is cumbersome tends to be unreliable. If you
> have resonable control over your PC, risks normally associated with GUI
> misdoings are usually minimal.

I've been using mutt for a long time now ... it's described by many in
many different ways, but cumbersome and "not-easy" do not figure in
that list. In fact shifing from Evolution to mutt has provided big
gains in terms of time-savings with large volumes of mail. And that
includes using GPG.

BTW, for the original poster, take a look at the following site:
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/

But if you use the following for building your muttrc, there's very
little reason to ever consult the manual!
http://mutt.netliberte.org/

> BTW how come so few on this lug sign there mails? Ignorance?

Interesting ... anyway, why do so many make sweeping statements about
software that they do or do not like? When comparing software, if you
like something over some other, say what you like about it ... no
need to immediately put down the other party. Live and let live, man!

Sameer.