[ILUG-BOM] kernel panic

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jun 21 15:52:29 IST 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 02:26:08PM +0530, sameer shinde wrote:

> In one sys. I installed linux but b'coz of some reasons I changed
> the HDD with other sys.  Now when I tried to boot from that m/c Iget
> the message saying that kernel panic

What do you mean when you say you changed the HDD to other system? Did
you put the HDD on which GNU/Linux was installed into a different
system? In that case, the most likely problem is that you are using a
different IDE port in this new system. Make sure you put it in the
same port, ie primary or secondary ... then it should boot correctly.

> So how to overcome of the problem.  I tried to boot from CD & to do
> some R&D but of no use...

What R&D did you do? Did you boot into rescue mode on the CD and try
looking at your HDD partitions?

Sameer.