[ILUG-BOM] help req printing with HP deskjet printers

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. linux@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 22 22:24:21 IST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Joseph  S wrote:

> Next LUG meet: 11 Oct 2003 around 4 pm - VJTI Mech Dept
> Dear friends
>
> Can any one help me out in printing with HP3420 deskjet printers
> with USB interface. I have linux 7.2 installed.
> My PC is not initializing the printer. I have specified the device
> /dev/usb/lp0 .
>
> Can anyone guide me printing with USB interface. How to
> configure.

I have the same printer working with RH 7.3.

I had to download and build the latest ghostscript and hpijs. All the
instructions are on linuxprinting.org.

hth,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri		Homeopath and Linux Enthusiast.
Mumbai, India.			http://www.pavri.net/