[ILUG-BOM] S/F for scanned text to voice over linux....

J. T. D'souza jtdsouza@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Nov 29 15:41:37 IST 2003

On Saturday 29 November 2003 06:15, Nilesh Shinde wrote:
>    Hi everyone
>  i am nilesh n. shinde from Maharashtra Institute of
> technology,Aurangabdad.....studing in my third year of
> Instrumentation and control ENGG......... I am making a project for
> visually imapaired people .... basic idea is scanning the text may
> be from news paper and conveting it into voice..... I want any open
> source software which can directly convert scanned text into
> voice....

Search http://freshmeat.net there are couple of ocr packages
Festival converts text to voice and is available in Debian. Works
well.

>also i want to know how to trasfer any C,C++ code into
> embedded sysem IC chip plz help

I presume you mean the binaries generated from C code rather than the
code itself.
What cpu? which flash device? what binaries?

C++? you might have to wait a couple of years for photonic storage
chips. They should have the storage capacity to store C++ generated
binaries and libs.