[ILUG-BOM] reinstalling over /

Rahul Saxena rahul.saxena@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Nov 29 23:19:55 IST 2003

hello ppl,

 i wanted ot upgrade from RH7.2 to RH9 today, but this was failing because it
seems my rpm database is corrupted or somthing. ( invalid hash )

so now i am planning ot install over my root fs of the original RH7.2

thankfully i have /home on a different partition and i have copied /etc and
/usr/src ( carious kernel sources ) there.

so the question is can i just "chown" over my home after reinstalling the new
RH9 fs. or is there anything else. i have ot look out for ??

thanks for reading

rahul

--
Let me put it this way: today is going to be a learning experience.