[ILUG-BOM] Utility like "Postmaster" in Linux

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Feb 19 23:24:22 IST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:31:46PM +0530, Nikhil Parva wrote:

> Do we have any  utility/software in Linux which works like Postmaster in
> Windows. i.e. the software should be able to take a dump of all the incoming
> mails and then distribute them locally. All the e-mail accounts in the n/w
> would be configured in this software.

Do you mean that this server is supposed to fetch mail from various
POP/IMAP accounts and keep them in one place? Or do you want an SMTP
server that will act as a smart-host for your network?

I think you're talking about the former ... in that case, checkout
fetchmail.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay