[ILUG-BOM] qmail email copies

Ani an2rhyme@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 7 17:11:13 IST 2004

QUEUE_EXTRA is a compile-time configuration variable
that specifies an additional recipient that will be
added to every delivery.

To use QUEUE_EXTRA, edit extra.h specifying the
additional recipient in the format "Trecipient\0", and
the length of the QUEUE_EXTRA string in QUEUE_EXTRALEN
(the "\0" counts as one character). For example:

    #define QUEUE_EXTRA "Ttracker\0"
    #define QUEUE_EXTRALEN 5   #define what size u
require from each e-mail.

After editing make sure qmail is stop or kill the
qmail.
run make setup check and start qmail.

Populate ~alias/.qmail-tracker with whatever logging
you want. E.g., to log Message-ID's:

    | awk '/^$/ { exit }
/^[mM][eE][sS][sS][aA][gG][eE]-/ { print }'

--- kishor bhagwat <aaaaarrrgghhh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi folks,
> Has anyone tried the QUEUE_EXTRA or QUEUE_EXTRALEN
> options
> in qmail to keep a copy of all incoming/outgoing
> messages?
> I wanted to know how it works when I'm using qmail
> with
> maildir format, how i can search and retrieve emails
> etc.
> What happens to attachments? Does it store one copy
> for all
> the reciepients, or stores multiple copies if
> multiple
> people are present in the To or CC fields..

<snip>

It just add one additional recipient. So hardly
matters with To: Cc: Bcc:.