[ILUG-BOM] help with pppoe

Aditya Laghate laghatea@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Apr 20 09:58:12 IST 2004

Why do u need to tell the ISP that you are using linux or windows to
connect to their server?? How does it matter so long as you are using
the same protocol to talk to their server?

I am using PPPoE for the last one year, I haven't told my ISP that I am
using Linux.

Try to do this:(I assume you are using red-hat Linux)
1) click on the red hat
2) System Settings -> Network
3) Click on New then select new xDsl connection
4) Enter your details and save new configuration
5) now just say activate network and voila you are connected.

Regards
Adi