[ILUG-BOM] how to make an evaluation copy of a software

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Apr 20 08:46:36 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:28, Harsh Busa wrote:
> use a ciphered counter instead of comparing dates. so u can  have
> product valid for x uses.
>
> alternately cipher the date each time loaded and save it ... check if
> date less than saved date.
>
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 13:48, Vivekanand Bachche wrote:
> > But what if somebody changes the system date ....
> >
> > i.e if I am checking the expiry date..then how to handle the situation where the user changes the system date to less than the expiry date.....

What is the relevance of this thread to a free software forum.
If your application is a closed source application, why is this
discussed here.  These tactics of preventing a user from using the
software after a period of time is not an ethical practice in the free
software paradigm.

Nagarjuna