[ILUG-BOM] GPRS related questions

Saswata scrap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 21 10:45:33 IST 2004

Harsh Busa wrote:

>>recently bought a nokia 6610, sans data cable.
>>I would like to know folowwing
>>1. is there any doc or HOWTO about using gprs cell as modem
>>2. orange provides gprs for 99 pm, rite? what are the features provided in
>>it.
>>3. is gprs worth it practically, what download speeds will i get
>>

>GPRS modems work pretty well with Debian / RH 9 etc ... but Orange
>connection for 99 allows you to surf only from the phone and use MMS to
>use phone as modem you have to pay orange another Rs 499 pm ( total 599)

No, I had this major argument with Orange guys and finally they set it
correctly. It is not necessary to have the 99 to use the 499. They guys
at the orange shop dont know anything about GPRS. If you plant to use
gprs for surfing from PC only, (not from mobile handset), dont take 99,
just take 499.

Regards
Saswata