[ILUG-BOM] running wine for ntfs partitions

Dileep M. Kumar dileep@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Apr 24 12:20:23 IST 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:19:44PM -0700, bandyopadhyay ganadeva wrote:

>>>   I have two  harddisks ,one with ntfs OS and  other with RH 9.0.I
>>>tried to run windows applications  on ntfs Hard disk using wine but
>>>it doesn't seem to work.

What  advantage  you  feel/get  by  running  a  win  application  thru
GNU/Linux. Most of the general purpose softwares are in GNU world. Why
can't you use the native tools.  Or is it a specific application which
you have no alternative in GNU world. Then you have 2 choices

1. write your own program to do the task Or hire somebody to do this
2. stick to the win world itself

My 2 paisa. YMMV.

Regards
--