[ILUG-BOM] IE Shines On Broken Code , FireFox Mozilla Crahes

Nikhil Joshi nikhil_joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Oct 26 07:58:41 IST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Sachin Rase wrote:

> Check this artical
>
> http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/378632/2004-10-15/2004-10-21/0
>
> and try to see html files in "mangleme-1.2\gallery" directory of tar

Wow! this was surely an eye opener for me. Until now I had a (wrong)
belief that links + Linux is the safest option to browse web-sites. I
tried the html file in the directory and links went for a toss.

One thought: the exploits seem to target the memory handling techniques of
the browsers. What if the browsers are written in Java? Well AFAIK Java
lets programmers concentrate on the program at hand than the memory
management part of it. Also Java browsers will be platform independent.
Looking at Eclipse I feel that Java applications are on par with others in
terms of speed.

--
   If something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then
it's probably not worth knowing anyway.  -- Calvin