[ILUG-BOM] [OT] My PC won't start...Please help!

Vivek J.Patankar vivekpatankar@spymac.com
Sun Nov 7 21:47:18 IST 2004

On Sun Nov  7  7:06 , Sarfaraz Kazi <sarzkazi@yahoo.com> sent:

>the motherboard manual says that you have to short the
>solder points in order to clear the cmos before you
>put in the new battery. can anybody please guide as to
>how to locate these solder points and how to short
>them.

   Clearing the CMOS is usually done by shorting two pins on the motherboard using
a jumper. Details of where these two pins should be found will/should be in the
motherboard manual. In certain motherboard types the CMOS is cleared by keeping a
designated key depressed and switching it on.
   In case you cannot locate the pins, CMOS can also be cleared by removing the
CMOS battery.
Vivek

---- Get Urchin 6 On Demand web analytics. Because you can't wait to be found.
http://www.urchin.com/?utm_campaign=U6OD&utm_medium=email&source=spymac.com&content=cantwait