[ILUG-BOM] [OT] My PC won't start...Please help!

Sarfaraz Kazi sarzkazi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Nov 4 14:34:10 IST 2004

Hi Linuxers,

I've got this problem with my PC, it just refuses to
start. The problem
started a couple of days back. I was working on it and
suddenly the entire
system went off. I tried restarting, checked all the
connections & cables.
When I switch on the main power and press the power
button on the cabinet,
nothing happens. The motherboard LED comes on and the
monitor LED blinks
green but no chassis fan, no CPU fan, hard-disk not
starting, nothing.

System specs :

AMD Duron 1.2 GHz
ASUS A7N 266 VM mobo
128MB Hynix DDR SDRAM
20 GB Samsung HDD
Samsung CDRW
DAX LAN Card

The SMPS was replaced only a month back. RAM was
replaced 2 months ago.
Fresh CMOS battery plugged in a week ago. The system
is 2.5 years old.

Sorry about the OT-ness and length of this post. If
anybody could provide
any help, I'll be infinitely thankful.

TIA,

Sarfaraz Kazi.