[ILUG-BOM] pacenet connection - steps to follow

Nikhil Joshi nikhil_joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 5 07:05:36 IST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Rony Bill wrote:

> files installed in his system and the explorer would crash. The Cable guy
> has switched over to Linux and a firewall for security at his end. He told
> me that the new system only needed automatic ip setting to be enabled at the
> client end and the system was already internet ready. I asked for the
> gateway ip but he said it was not needed. How is that possible? He will be

Well its similar to the dialup scenario where the user need not bother
about the gateway and the DNS which is provided by the ISP.
Pacenet uses PPP over ethernet.The analogy explains why there is no need
of gateway and DNS in this scenario.

--
   I like to say "quark"! Quark, quark, quark, quark!
		  -- Calvin