[ILUG-BOM] acrobat reader not installing on linux. cannot understand why??

Dinesh Shah Dinesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 5 10:48:02 IST 2004

Hi Anthony,

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 10:09, anthony fernandes wrote:

> [root at localhost pdf acrobat]# $chmod +x INSTALL
> bash: +x: command not found

"$" is part of your shell prompt. You are not suppose to include that in
your commands.

> [root at localhost pdf acrobat]# #./INSTALL
> [root at localhost pdf acrobat]#

Also, don't use system as "root" user, except when absolutely required.

> can anybody tell me what to do. i am using Redhat 9

Hope you have got your answer.

> thanks.

Please read the list guidelines. It's not nice to "top-post",
particularly when you are asking for help.

Looking forward to your compliance of list guidelines in future.

HTH
With regards,
--
--Dinesh Shah :-)