[ILUG-BOM] Making Compressed CDROM in GNU/Linux

Nikhil Joshi nikhil_joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 5 21:35:38 IST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Dinesh Shah wrote:

> Excellent work. Keep it up.

thanks a ton :-)

> >   2. Type make menuconfig
> >   3. Goto File Systems -> CDROM/DVD Filesystems and enable Transparent
> >      decompression extension
>
> Can be compiled as module?

no there is no option of compiling as module.

> >      $ mkzftree intree outree
>
> Is the command mkzftree is part of main stream distro? If not, where to
> get and how to install it?

oops, forgot to mention that. In gentoo it is in zisofs-tools.

      http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/zisofs

I think this will be a part of a standard distro. Can users of other
distros verify the same please?

--
   I imagine bugs and girls have a dim perception that nature played a cruel
trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the