[ILUG-BOM] we need help on extraction of ISO from CD!!

Amish Munshi lists@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 30 23:09:27 IST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:15:22AM -0800, TIFR students wrote:
> we are encountering the following error while
> extracting an ISO image from Knoppix CD.somebody
> help!!
>
> $ extract_compressed_fs /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX >
> /knx/source/first.iso
> 30369 blocks of size 65536. preamble:
> #!/bin/sh
> #V2.0 Format
> modprobe cloop file=$0 && mount -r -t iso9660
> /dev/cloop/
> $1 exit $?
>
> Block 0 length 0 => 65536
> Uncomp: not enough out room 0

I guess this is due to version difference between extract_compressed_fs you
are using and the version of cloop used for  compressing the KNOPPIX mod
file.
I suspect this due to the following output

#!/bin/sh
#V2.0 Format

Amish.