[ILUG-BOM] Meeting - Jan 9 - suggested topic

Pankaj Dekate whoispankaj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Dec 31 13:55:20 IST 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:14:39 +0530, Amish Munshi <lists at munshi.biz> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 10:19:25AM +0530, Vickram Crishna wrote:
> > I do hope that some or all of you agree.

Second if u think from and end users point of view this does not fit well.
Take an example of Gaim.It does not support voice chat for MSN or yahoo.
Take the esxample for MS OFFICE.There are people who send out resumes
or any such material thru cyber cafes.There are some last minute
formatting needed.And when these people find some other OS they would
get frustrated.Some of my resumes don't open up properly in
OpenOffice.There are may such things which needs to be very much
compatilble with MS thing.
I myself have been using linux for the past few years(without dual
boot).But whenever i need to seds resume i(people explicitly ask MS
Word format only)I get pissed off.
It's not only about one end getting converted to GNU.
Many a times cyber waalas also have gaming parlours.What about
that?Are there enough mind blowing games in Linux to convince them to
convert?
Regarding haftas they have become an expert in that and have their
contacts and information network to deal with that.
What will a hawaldar know the difference between opensource ,GNU and
proprietary........
Even if he installs linux the hawaldar is still going to catch hold of
him(after all he doesn't know linux is opensource,...........)
Recent bazee ceo case is an example of this......

Pankaj