[ILUG-BOM] IRC server for ILUG-Mumbai !

Warren Brian Noronha warren@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 2 08:20:03 IST 2005

On Tuesday 14 Sep 2004 11:11 am, Saurabh Sawant wrote:
>              Since the website http://www.ilug-bom.org.in  is hosted on a
> server at TIFR ( i think so ) , can we have an IRC server set up there so
> that, there can be more interaction, fast responses and good discussions ?

 Yes IRC would be a very good thing to have. We already have jabber installed
on the server, which is being used by GNU. I can find out if the ILUG-Bom can
use it too. But I dont think it should be a issue. Then again I am not very
pro of having IRC on the LUG/BOM server.

 Also there is alread a very well established room on the Freenode server viz.
#linux-india. There was also a #ilug-bom room but im not sure if it still
exist since all of us (people form ilug-del, ilug-bang, and ilug-bom) just
pref being in #linux-india.

--
Best Regards,
Warren Brian Noronha.