[ILUG-BOM] Fwd: Best non intel Pc configuration available in India

Soumen Dass soumen_dass@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 27 20:45:36 IST 2005

Devdas Bhagat wrote:

> If you need long battery life and looks, Apple is better. In terms of
> price/performance, I would recommend an Opteron, or an Athlon64 (
> The minimum price for a fully Linux compatible laptop w/ Athlon64 3000+,
> 2 GB RAM, DVD writer, 80 GB 5400 RPM IDE, GigE, firewire, serial, PS/2,
> 802.11g, USB2, multi card reader, 17" LCD is 1942 USD. The equivalently
> specced Mac w/ a 15" LCD and 2 hours of battery life more is 2999 USD.)

If you don't mind, could you provide a pointer to the supplier's site
for the above/equivalent model?
--
Soumen Dass [Registered Linux User # 272639 - Linux nova
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl i686]

Your code should be more efficient!