[ILUG-BOM] forbidden page

chirag radhakrishnan chiragrkn@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 29 18:29:51 IST 2005

Karia Amit <amit_karia99 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am using fc3 as my linux system.I want to do web-hosting through apache. I have made required configurations in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file . I restarted all the services
and working properly. But when i use elinks in the same machine where i have configured apache it shows forbidden error. I hardly beleieve there is prob in configuration . What can be the reason..

Please guide

"As Long As You Can Carry On One More Moment , You'll Never Be Defeated"

Amit Karia
+919819851812

Forbidden error generally happens in Apache when you have not set right permissions for the directory( your document directory) OR the files inside (files should be readable by apache user:generally wwwrun)

Try accessing a single html file inside the directory rather thanusing the absolute path, u will get clearer picture.

Last but not least /var/log/httpd/access.log!

Regards,

Chirag