[ILUG-BOM] ssh/sshd remote login query

Svaksh svaksh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 29 20:45:34 IST 2005

hi all,

i was trying to implement vnc on a remote server via ssh.
suppose a normal non-root account is called "user1" and assume that
via sudo, i want to allow that user to run any command as user root
without specifying a password each time he logs in for running
selected programs.

So, in that file, i added added:
user1 ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL

I know this does not sound good for security , so hence my post to you
all ....

what are the security risks and what are the precautions to be taken ?

I want to restrict a user (or any number of users) to only run certain
applications:

Any idea/input is welcome

thanks for reading--
_svaksh_