[ILUG-BOM] Re:oracle in linux

BIJU KRISHNAN bijucyborg@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 29 22:04:18 IST 2005

Dear Amit,

The Oracle 9i installation program is a Java based
program and does not have a TUI or a CLI as an
alternative.

You need have X installed and running while installing
either Client or server.

Atleast from my knowledge u cant install Oracle 9i
Enterprise without X....on the linux box..!

I even failed installing Oracle Client on RedHat Linux
with a dump on the HDD...! We had to put the media in
and then run

./mnt/cdrom/Product/runinstaller

           [NOT THE EXACT PATH ALTHOUGH]

bye rgds