[ILUG-BOM] Accessing home PC from office (behind firewall)

Amitay Isaacs amitay@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun May 1 13:04:20 IST 2005

Soumen Dass wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been looking for a way to access my home machine from my office but
> to no avail. They have ftp blocked, internet access is through a windoze
> proxy server (any more than three login attempts & it locks my account
> so no experimenting) & no access to outside world via telnet/ssh (u see
> even ping google.com fails :( )
>
> Anybody has a way out (or in ;) ) I wouldn't mind reading the manpage if
> I knew which :)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Soumen Dass [Registered Linux User # 272639 - Linux nova
> 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl i686]

You can run web server on your home machine (assuming it has known
public address) and try java ssh applet. That way you only need web
access from your company.

http://javassh.org/

Amitay.