[ILUG-BOM] acers latop AD: can we do something ?

Dinesh Joshi dinesh_pro@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue May 10 20:56:22 IST 2005

>From: "Amol Hatwar" <amol at hatwar.org>

>I disagree that Acer sucks. I should know. I own an Acer Aspire 3002 NLC
>(running Mandrake Linux 10.1).

I once saw ants crawlling out of an acer laptop.

>As for being cheap, I don't think anybody would have a problem with that.
>;)

Cheap == bad quality == not work for more than a few weeks to months...

Plus, their warranty doesnt include the screen or any external parts of the
lappy. So if you scratch your screen or your keys fall off then you need to
pay for getting it repaired or replaced. They only have warranty for the
internal parts. I own a dell. It costed me a pretty penny and I can vouch
for their build quality and after sales service :) And their warranty covers
all parts - internal and external ;). They cover everything but dont protect
against arson or theft.

Regards,
Dinesh.