[ILUG-BOM] Problems loading XFree86 in 24-bit color and 1024x768 resolution on intelD845GLVA p4 motherboard

Nadiem knadz555@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu May 12 18:47:18 IST 2005

--- rakesh hazra <rakeshhazra at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am having problems with graphics in debian.I am
> unable
> to run XFree86 in 1024x768 resolution and 24-bit
> color
> depth.During installing I could not find the proper
> driver for the graphics so I used vesa.But whenever
> set
> the color-depth as 24-bit, it does not work.It works
> fine
> with 16-bit color depth.But the screen-size and
> video-quality is not upto my satisfaction.
> Please guide me.

I had the same problem on RH9. I resolved it by
increasing the video memory in  the BIOS to 16Mb (Or
more - don't remember.)

Regards,
Nadiem.