[ILUG-BOM] acers latop AD: can we do something ?

sherlock at antispam sherlock@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri May 13 16:15:21 IST 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 13:17, Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> >From: sherlock at vsnl.com
> >
> >Try getting a scratched LCD replaced from ANY vendor. Or a crashed
> >disk / Mobo if the body is dented or cracked. The warranties cover
> >ONLY manufacturing defects not intentional or accidental misuse or
> >use beyond the rated capacity. Read the fine print in the
> > warranty.
>
> Umm...do I need to rewrite my post which I wrote for saswata's
> reply? Dell does cover scratched screens, crashed disks / mobo,
> dented, cracked body etc EXCEPT arson and theft.... And yes, I have
> read the fine print and NO its not just against manufacturing
> defects.
>
> *oh the ignorance!*

Just to clear your ignorance, and inattention to detail Dell's
standard warranty does not cover anything other than manufacturing
defects. They have a "CompleteCover" warranty for which you pay more.
And this warranty is valid only in some countries of Asia.So if u
damage your laptop in London you will have to get back to one of
these asian countries to get your warranty.

But to keep the record straight the cost of the "CompleteCover" will
determine wether it is useful to all. Imo a 15% hike in price would be
justified.

rgds
jtd