[ILUG-BOM] Online Installation of FC3

Nadiem knadz555@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri May 13 21:19:54 IST 2005

--- Arun Khan <arunkha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 May 2005 08:23:49 -0000, manish  kumar
> <manish_compbug at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I want to install FC3 but I wanted it to be done
> online. I was not able to find anything on
> "http://fedora.redhat.com/" which can guide me to
> install it online. If anybody of you know how to do
> that, then please tell me how to proceed.
> >

> I suppose by online you mean, over the network.

I've done it lots of times on RHEL. You need to copy
the installation CDs to a server. Then boot your
client from the first CD and type "linux askmethod" on
the splash screen. Select the appropriate method from
the menu.

If you select NFS, then NFS should be properly
configured on the server to export the installation
files that you copied.

Regards,
Nadiem.