[ILUG-BOM] acers latop AD: can we do something ?

Dinesh Joshi dinesh_pro@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri May 13 21:44:33 IST 2005

>From: sherlock at vsnl.com

>Just to clear your ignorance, and inattention to detail Dell's
>standard warranty does not cover anything other than manufacturing
>defects. They have a "CompleteCover" warranty for which you pay more.
>And this warranty is valid only in some countries of Asia.So if u
>damage your laptop in London you will have to get back to one of
>these asian countries to get your warranty.
>
>But to keep the record straight the cost of the "CompleteCover" will
>determine wether it is useful to all. Imo a 15% hike in price would be
>justified.
>
>rgds
>jtd

Ok, no offense dude but all Dell machines come with a complete cover
warranty (except the very high end ones where you get to decide what you
want). So it's a "standard" Dell warranty for which you pay a bit more. You
are right about the validity of the warranty in Asia. You can get it
"upgraded" to an International level but for that you have to again pay
more. As for me the current warranty is good enough.

Regards,
Dinesh