[ILUG-BOM] [ot] printer running costs

Amol Hatwar amol@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jun 13 11:41:25 IST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 10:55 +0530, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> On 12/06/05 10:00 +0530, Amol Gokhale wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know why you've faced problems reinking ink jet cartridges. I've
> > done it for the last 10 yrs. They cost about 100Rs a pop. A original
> > cartridge will last about 3/4 reinkings or refillings.
> >
> They also spoil your printer. Today, a laser printer is cheap enough to be
> usable, and far more economical for the quality.

Actually, it depends on the printer make. Epsons for example have a
fixed head and use piezo-electric technology for spraying ink. OTH HPs
have the printhead in the cartridge itself. They use heating to spray
ink. Refilling such an HP cartridge would do no harm.

You can always buy a new cartridge... voila, the printer head gets
changed. EPSON refills can expose you to risks.

Regards,

ah