[ILUG-BOM] First Customer Put on Linux

Philip Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 14 03:16:29 IST 2005

Sometime on Jun 13, S cobbled together some glyphs to say:

> You might want to give Ubuntu a try.

Tried Ubuntu on my cousin's box yesterday.  It was so totally smooth.
BTW, we started with one 30GB Windows ME (FAT32) partition.  Downloaded
FIPS and ran it under the running windows system :P
Locked the hard disk first, but windows still jumped out of its skin
when it noticed the partition table rewrite.

The longest part of the install was the windows defragment which took
over four hours.

Philip

--
All seems condemned in the long run to approximate a state akin to
Gaussian noise.