[ILUG-BOM] First Customer Put on Linux

Satya ilugbom@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 14 04:15:38 IST 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:16:29AM +0530, Philip Tellis wrote:
>Sometime on Jun 13, S cobbled together some glyphs to say:

S? Just S? :-( *sniff*

>> You might want to give Ubuntu a try.
>Tried Ubuntu on my cousin's box yesterday.  It was so totally smooth.
>BTW, we started with one 30GB Windows ME (FAT32) partition.  Downloaded
>FIPS and ran it under the running windows system :P
>Locked the hard disk first, but windows still jumped out of its skin
>when it noticed the partition table rewrite.

I was lucky, I was allowed to just wipe the drive and the previous
Debian install. I hope her backups are good. Everything came up smooth
for me, too, except the printer but that was simple enough to add.
Printed a test page within seconds of realising there was no printer
installed.

Printers sucks, BTW.

--
Satya. http://www.thesatya.com/