[ILUG-BOM] Most profound Linux/MS Comparison yet

Abhishek Daga abhishekdaga@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 15 18:26:16 IST 2005

Background:
Was introduced to yet another PC Support vendor. I ask this of every vendor these
days.

"Do you support linux because I always recommend Linux to most people who ask for
solutions to their many woes but the switch never materializes for lack of
support by the AMC vendor. If you do, then let me know and I will send you
prospective clients."

At the end of the relatively long conversation, he came up with the most thought
provoking comparison between linux and windows.

He said,
"Agreed, microsoft has many problems and is unstable etc, but you see, Microsoft
Windows is like a woman, has it's problems, gets infected but still people want
it, whereas Linux is a 'hijra' who cannot get a virus but still nobody wants it".

I am not kidding. Those were the exact words. I was too caught up with
interpreting the comparison to discuss anything else.
And am still thinking, if windows is woman, linux is eunuch, who is the male in
the scheme of things?.

Well, it takes all kinds to make the world. But somehow the vendor just made my
day.