[ILUG-BOM] Hardware/Bios Issue: AGP Card causes memory test to hang

Abhishek Daga abhishekdaga@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jun 19 10:15:44 IST 2005

Ok, so maybe not the best forum, but I have seen hardware related queries, so
following the precedent. Hoping someone can help me out.

Hardware:
motherboard: Asus ASUS A7266-MX-UAYZ with onboard Video/Lan/Sound and AGP slot.
Processor: ATHLON xp 2100+
Video Card: VideoGF FX 5200 256 MB AGP card.
Memory: 2 Dimms of 512 MB Each (different companies) but 400 Mhz totaling 1024
MB.

Problem:
The AGP Card causes the system to hang when it reaches the memory test stage.
If I keep pressing "del", I can get into the bios.
If I keep pressing ESC, I can get it to skip the memory test and the system comes
up.
If I fail to do the above, the keyboard is rendered lifeless and I have to hard
boot.

Without the AGP Card it works fine and the memory test takes place and system
comes up OK.

Any clues? Is it in the BIOS?
Thanks
Abhi