[ILUG-BOM] KDE upgrade issue

Puneet Lakhina puneet.lakhina@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jun 18 04:11:19 IST 2005

HI,
im trying to install kde 3.4 on fedora core1 system which is currently
running kde 3.1
I downloaded the three required packages arts, kdebase and kdelibs.
I installed arts first and then kdelibs and they got installed without
any errors. But after that when i tried to install the kdebase package
the configure script gave an error that kdelibs must be installed
first.
Do i need to do something regarding the old kde or wat??I ran the
configure script of arts and kdelibs with no options except
--with-qt-dir=/home/puneet/qt3.4/
option which is the path to the version of qt i wana use.. WHat coudl
be the problem???

Please reply quickly,
Puneet

P>S> I did all this coz umbrello(UML designer) needed a beeter version
of qt than i had and then after i installed qt in umbrello  i got an
error that kde must be compiled with this new version of kde hence i
downloaded the new version of kde. IF you can suggest any other UML
designer that would be really helpful.!!