[ILUG-BOM] Multimedia in Linux

Rony Bill ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 18 02:09:43 IST 2005

Rony Bill wrote:

> Currently I am working on the installation notes from the FC4 links that
> were provided here.

An update! As per the FC4 installation notes, yum has been successfully
installed in my system. Yum update is taking a very long time as the
list of softwares is a long one. More installation tomorrow. A query: Is
is necessary to download an entire list of softwares from yum
repositories or whenever I want to I stall a package, I simply query yum
for that package update only instead of downloading the entire list? The
list is too long and the headers themselves will occupy unnecessary disk
space.

Regards,

Rony.