[ILUG-BOM] sarge dvd iso differing sizes

Rony Bill ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 14 09:52:38 IST 2005

Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 08:49, Rony Bill wrote:
>
>>Try cleaning up your cache or temp folder for wget, of any residue
>>data and re-download.
>>

> AFAIK wget doesnt have cache or temp folder. This sounds like a
> statement by a CC of MTNL/Sify/Powersurfer! :P

In the 'other' OS, I use 'fresh download'. It uses the temp folder as a
chache to collect the file progressively. It has a resume feature to
reconnect and resume the balance download. After full download, it
assembles the file and saves it in my destination folder. In any
download manager that uses the resume feature, what is already
downloaded has to be saved somewhere. JTD could have downloaded some
corrupt files due to temporary network related problems and these files
could be sitting over the good download and creating the problems. If
JTD could try a *clean* fresh download, at least the cause of the
problem will be known. :)

Regards,

Rony.