[ILUG-BOM] New domain name: glug-bom.org

Abhishek Daga abhishekdaga@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 15 16:09:20 IST 2005

--- Ninad Gupte <nttindia-sender-3fc2ee at nttindia.com> wrote:

> At 01:28 PM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
> >procedure to transfer the domains from ncst to a private party.  ncst
> >will do the trasfer only after the person who holds the domain sends a
> >fax with some kind of a key (which they never send me despite
> >reminders). I had several conversations with them.  May be I am
>
> We have got quite a few company names moved from NCST to other registrars
> recently. There have been few cases where the companies had not received
> the Transfer key. We have been able to get NCST to resend the Key to them
> by post. I am sure NCST will resend the key to you. If you want me to
> assist in this, I will be happy to do so.
>
> Regards,
> Ninad

I too had a problem with a co.in domain name transfer dec 31st 2004. Domain
expired but they had no policy in place to transfer to directi or similar.
but they kept supporting it.

Now, in this case, the NCST office is pretty cooperative (atleast that girl
was..). they are in the 8th floor of the Air India building.
Maybe a personal visit in conjunction with talks with someone at directi or
similar may resolve this?

At the very least, we can request those guys at NCST to extend the expiry date
till this gets resolved. I know for a fact my co.in domain had expired in all
records but it still worked till the new transfer policy took shape.